Interesting Food Facts about Chocolate Custard
- Due to the fact that it is a very fine organic powder, custard powder is EXPLOSIVE!
- Custard is a variety of culinary preparations based on a cooked mixture of milk or cream and egg yolk.
- Depending on how much egg or thickener is used, custard may vary in consistency from a thin pouring sauce (crème anglaise), to a thick pastry cream used to fill éclairs.
- The most common custards are used as desserts or dessert sauces and typically include sugar and vanilla.
- Custard bases may also be used for quiches and other savory foods.
Frozen Custard must contain at least 10% butterfat and 1.4% egg yolk. Frozen Custard achieves its creaminess through a production process that produces less air (“overrun”) and fewer ice crystals than traditional ice cream.
Some people believe that Cussy, the god of Custard, will provide them with endless wealth…
View original post 225 more words