Hold the pie!
Raspberries and cream are delicious even outside of a pie crust.
Here are today’s five thing to know about raspberries
- Raspberries are rich in Vitamin C and produce more fiber per calorie than any common fruit – even prunes.
- There are over 200 species of raspberries.
- Raspberries, as well as strawberries, belong to the rose family.
- Raspberries can be four different colors, although red and black are the most common. They can also be yellow or purple.
- Don’t wash the berries until they are ready to be used.
Today’s Pinterest Board :
Today’s Food History
- 1782 Andreas Sigismund Marggraf died. A German chemist who discovered beet sugar, which led to the development of the modern sugar industry.
- 1794The Whiskey Rebellion. Protesting the 1791 federal tax on distilled spirits a large gathering of rebels in western Pennsylvania burned the regional tax…
View original post 87 more words