Here are today’s five thing to know about Espresso:
- It takes approximately 42 coffee beans to make an average serving of espresso.
- Coffee contains more caffeine than espresso. Strong tasting coffee has no more caffeine than weak-tasting coffee.
- Espresso is not referring to a particular type of bean, it is a type of coffee brewing method
- Espresso originated in Italy in the early 20th century with Luigi Bezzera, the owner of a manufacturing plant who wanted to speed up the time it took to make coffee.
- In the early 1940s, Achille Gaggia created a piston-based espresso machine that improved the taste by eliminating the burnt flavor and giving espresso a thicker consistency.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1534 Otto Brunfels died. A German botanist, author of ‘Herbarum vivae eicones’ (‘Living Pictures of Herbs’), one of the first great herbals. His work is considered to be…
View original post 208 more words