Today’s top 5 comfort foods:
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Chicken & Dumplings
- Buttermilk Biscuits
- Mac & cheese
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1624 Gaspard Bauhin died. A Swiss botanist, he developed a binomial (2 name) system of plant classification. He published ‘Pinax Theatri Botanici’, which was a compilation that included over 6,000 species that had appeared in works from Theophrastus, Dioscorides and many later herbals.
- 1822 Elizabeth Cabot Agassiz was born. An American naturalist, cofounder with her husband (Louis Agassiz), of the Anderson school of Natural History. She was also the first president of Radclife College.
- 1854 Aaron Allen patented a folding chair. Setting up for banquets becomes a whole lot easier.
- 1855 Clinton Hart Merriam was born. A biologist, he studied the effects of using birds to control agricultural pests. He also helped found the National Geographic Society.
- 1870 Alexandre Dumas died…
View original post 187 more words