Here are today’s five thing to know about Pastry:
- Basic ingredients of pastry are flour, fat and water.
- The first crude pastry was made out of grain meal flavored with honey by ancient Egyptians.
- Pastries were first brought to Europe during the Muslim invasion of the 7th century.
- The European tradition of pastry-making is often traced back to the shortcrust era of flaky doughs that were in use throughout the Mediterranean in ancient times.
- The word pasty comes from a middle English word meaning made of paste (pastry).
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1814 Joseph Bramah died. An English engineer, among his many inventions was a beer engine, used to deliver beer from keg to glass without artificial carbonation being added.
- 1886 Clarence Birdseye was born in Brooklyn, New York. In 1924, Clarence Birdseye, with the financial backing of Wetmore Hodges, William Gamage, Basset Jones…
View original post 91 more words