Here are today’s five thing to know about Bouillabaisse:
- Bouillabaisse is the most famous fish stew of the Mediterranean, and its home is considered to be Marseilles.
- Bouillabaisse was originally the fare of the local fishermen who on returning from a fishing expedition sorted heir catch : some to be sold on the local market , some to be kept to be eaten at home.
- When making bouillabaisse at least four of the following fish should be included: rascasse, white rascasse – fielas (congre), araignée (vive) – chapon (scorpène), galinette (rouget grondin) * facultative, Saint-Pierre cigale de mer, langouste.
- According to Curnonsky, there is a legend that bouillabaisse was first brought by angels to the Three Marys of the Gospel, when they were shipwrecked in the marshes between the two branches of the Rhone River near Arles.
- One of the earliest uses of the word bouillabaisse was in the 1830s as a term…
View original post 236 more words