Here are today’s five thing to know about Strawberry Ice Cream:
- It is thought that the ” iced” cream was served in the White House in the early 1800’s.
- Huge chinks of frozen river ice were stored in basements vaults covered in hay to keep them from melting.
- Strawberries are the only fruit with seeds on the outside.
- Strawberries are a member of the rose family.
- Alexander the Great (356-323 B.C.) is known to have loved snow flavored with nectar and honey.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1785 William Prout was born. An English chemist, he was the first to classify food components into 3 main divisions – carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- 1799 John Hetheringoton, a London haberdasher, created the “stove top” hat. A large crowd gathered to see this new hat, and was charged with disturbing the peace (charges later dropped). The “top” hat…
View original post 210 more words