Originally today was celebrated as 'National Margarita Day' - worry not it's now February 22
Here are today’s five thing to know about Muffin:
- ‘Muffins’ in the Americas are referred to baked breads in small tins while “English” Muffins are oven-baked, then cooked in a griddle
- The word Muffin likely derives its name from the an Old German word Muffen, the plural of Muffe meaning a small cake,
- Muffins come in both savory varieties, such as corn or cheese muffins, or sweet varieties such as blueberry or banana
- American muffins are similar to a cupcake in size and cooking methods, the difference, cupcakes almost always are made with cake batter
- The blueberry muffin is the official state muffin of Minnesota. The corn muffin is the official state muffin of Massachusetts.
The term Muffin-top originated as Australian slang in mid-2003. Soon it became popular throughout the English speaking world.
The word roughly “describes the…
View original post 243 more words