Here are today’s five thing to know about Banana Cream Pie:
- Nearly one out of five (19%) of Americans prefer apple pie, followed by pumpkin (13%), pecan (12%), banana cream (10%) and cherry (9%)
- Until the early 1900’s Pie was considered a breakfast food.
- In England, Oliver Cromwell banned the eating of pie in 1644, declaring it “a pagan form of pleasure”
- “Wet bottom” molasses pie, Shoo-fly pie, were not originally made to eat. They were used to attract flies from the kitchen. They would stick to the pies
- Early colonists cooked their pies in long narrow pans calling them “coffins” Round pies were not common until the early 1800’s.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1799 The first U.S. weights and measures law was passed…
View original post 127 more words