Here are today’s five thing to know about Crab:
- A crab cake is an American dish composed of crab meat and various other ingredients, such as bread crumbs, milk, mayonnaise, eggs, yellow onions, and seasonings.
- The two most common styles of Maryland crab cakes are known as Boardwalk and Restaurant.
- Boardwalk crabcakes are typically breaded and deep-fried, and are often filled with stuffing of various sorts and served on a hamburger bun.
- Restaurant crab cakes, which are sometimes called gourmet crab cakes, are often prepared with no filler, and are composed of all-lump crab meat served on a platter or open-faced sandwich.
- Many restaurants that offer Maryland crab cakes will offer to have the cakes fried or broiled.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1822 Charles Graham of New York received a patent for artificial teeth.
1839Famous Food Fights
The Great Pastry War ended this…
View original post 112 more words