Here are today’s five thing to know about Milky Way:
- The Milky Way bar was created in 1923 by Frank Mars.
- In the 1920’s it came in two flavors chocolate and vanilla.
- It was the first mass produced chocolate bar with a filling.
- The name ‘Milky Way’ was taken from a popular malted milkshake NOT the galaxy.
- Outside of North America the Milky Way is a completely different kind of candy bar.
The European version the Milky Way has no caramel topping and low density that it floats in milk.
There was vanilla flavored Milky Way called “Forever Yours” until 1979.
The first slogan of Milky Way was “The sweet you can eat between meals.”
The most recent slogan is “Life’s Better in the Milky Way.”
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1841 Orlando Jones of Middlesex, England received a U.S. patent for a process…
View original post 117 more words