Here are today’s five thing to know about Irish Cuisine:
- In 2010, the average Irish person aged 15+ drank 11.9 litres of pure alcohol, according to provisional data. That’s the equivalent of about 44 bottles of vodka, 470 pints or 124 bottles of wine.
- There is a famous Irish dessert known as Drisheen, a surprisingly delicious black pudding.
- Traditional dishes include Irish stew, coddle, and Irish breakfast.
- The leprechaun, famous to Ireland, is said to grant wishes to those who can catch them.
- The first fish and chips was served in Dublin in the 1880’s by Italian imigrants.
St. Patrick is well known for being the patron saint of Ireland and having a day named for him that most of the world uses as an excuse to get incredibly drunk. However, St. Patrick, despite popular belief, was not actually Irish.
St. Patrick’s Day has been celebrated in…
View original post 120 more words