Here are today’s five thing to know about Taco:
- Founder, Glenn Bell, first opened the chain “Del Tacos,” a hot dog and taco franchise.
- He was the first to fry his taco shells in advance. Before then, they were fried on demand.
- They were the first fast food chain to have move tie-in promotions.
- In 1962, a tacos only cost 19 cents.
- Even though the 1990 Chihuahua was an advertising phenomenon, taco sales actually went down during that period.
The word taco started in the 18th century silver mines in Mexico. Back then, a taco was just some paper wrapped around gunpowder.
Taco Bell has tried to enter the Mexican market twice, failing both times, even after branding their food “American” food.
In 1914, the first recipes for tacos were put into an English cookbook.
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1925 Teaching the theory…
View original post 131 more words