Here are today’s five thing to know about Cake Pop:
- A cake pop is cake, baked in an appealing shape, hand dipped in frosting, and decorated to taste, all on a stick to be eaten as candy.
- While there is no recorded date for the creation of cake pops. Most people say that Bakerella, a popular baking blog, helped make then a “pop” phenomenon.See Pinterest below
- In 2011, cake pops were considered the newest and most popular confectionery food trends
- Other variations of cake pops are cake balls, cakesicles, cupcake pops, and cake-on-a-stick.
- Cake pops in recent years have become ubiquitous to Starbucks coffee shops.
* Bakerella celebrates National Cake Pop Day on Feb 1
Today’s Pinterest Board : Foodimentary
Today’s Food History
- 1765 The British Parliament passed the Quartering Act, which required American colonists to provide temporary quarters, food, drink, etc. to British troops stationed in their towns.
- 1896 Clement Hardy received a patent…
View original post 54 more words