Here are today’s five thing to know about Nougat:
- 3 Muskateer bars, one of the most popular nougat candy bars of the 20th century, originally consisted of three flavors: chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. During WWII rationing, they were limited to vanilla flavoring, & they remain this way today.
- Nougat is commonly found in candy bars; Milky Way, 3 Muskateers, Snickers, Polar, etc.
- Today’s nougat is a mixture of sucrose and corn syrup with a whipping agent to create its fluffy texture.
- Nougat was put in candy bars to resemble the texture and flavor of ice cream. This is why early candy bars with nougat were commonly served frozen.
- The word nougat comes from Occitan (a southern French dialect) pan nogat, from nux gatum, which means nutbread.
German nougat, also known as “Viennese Nougat”, is generally made with only sugar, chocolate, and almonds.
In Spain, the…
View original post 129 more words