Here are today’s five things to know about Jelly Bean
- They were President Reagan’s favorite candy and he used them to help him quit smoking when he was the governor of California.
- Each year in the U.S, there are 16 billion jelly beans manufactured just for Easter. This is enough to circle the Earth more than 3 times if they were laid end to end.
- The jelly bean is associated with Easter because of its egg-like shape.
- In the early 20th century, a “jelly-bean” was slang for a man of style and no substance.
- They were the first candy to be sold by weight rather than by piece.
The first jelly bean was created by an unknown American candy maker in the 1800s. An 1861 advertisement recommended sending jelly beans to soldiers fighting in the Civil War.
The original eight flavors of Jelly Belly beans introduced in 1976…
View original post 300 more words