Who knew that sassafras root could be so delicious?
Here are today’s root beer’s five facts:
- Root beer is made out of 16 Roots, and herbs.
- Colonist were actually the first people to make root beer.
- The A and W in A&W stands for Alan and Wright.
- Hires Root beer was introduces by Charles Hires in 1876 Philadelphia’s Centennial Exposition.
- The most original ingredient was Sassafras.It comes in an alcoholic drink also.
Today’s Food History
- 1889 The Savoy Hotel opened in London, with Cesar Ritz and Escoffier.
- 1911 Lucille Ball was born. Two of the funniest food related comedy routines ever done were the chocolate factory and the grape stomping episodes from her TV show.
- 1928 Andy Warhol was born. American painter of the pop art movement. In the 1960s he made paintings of Campbell’s Soup cans, Coca-Cola cans and other American products.
- 1954 David Grandison Fairchild died. An American botanist…
View original post 25 more words