Ice Cream and Pie? Yes Please!
Here are today’s five thing to know about Ice Cream
- An average dairy cow can produce enough milk in her lifetime to make a little over 9,000 gallons of ice cream.
- A cow has only 1 stomach with 4 areas where food is digested: the rumen, reticulum, omasum, and the abdomen.
- The udder of a cow can hold between 25-50 lbs. of milk.
- In the U.S., all ice cream needs to have a minimum of 10% milkfat if it is to be labeled “ice cream”. This includes custard based (French Style) ice creams.
- Sorbet, has no milk at all!
Today’s Pinterest Board : Ice-Cream Pie, all good of course
Today’s Food History
- 1850 Honore de Balzac died. French author. Balzac would lock himself away during creative bursts, drinking coffee and eating only fruit and eggs. When he finally took a break, he…
View original post 85 more words