Robotics can be a difficult hobby to jump into, but the Arduino and the 4WD Robot Platform make it easy for you to build an awesome robot without a struggle! By utilizing components found in the Maker Shed, this guide makes it easy for you to learn the basics of robotics, applications of the Arduino, and the process of building something awesome to show your family and friends.
With the announcement of the S1000 octocopter at CES 2014, DJI has introduced an aerial platform capable of turning almost any aspiring moviemaker into a top-notch sky shooter. Until now, anyone caring to fly a camera bigger than a GoPro essentially had to build their own high-powered machine at home and hope that it’d carry expensive, heavy gear reliably. While a few kit options have been released by smaller specialized companies, the S1000 now offers an out-of-the-box professional system that is ready for those willing to put their $3500 5D Mark III high in the sky.
1. stop pushing california, 2. I’m On Amtrak!, 3. From harbor to harbor on the harbor, 4. DSCN0499, 5. Amoco switcher, 6. IHB 2924, 7. Day 226, 8. Join the BART Police, 9. Sandy Hook, 10. CSX, 11. Join the BART Police, 12. Join the BART Police, 13. Kitkat Marron – limited edition, 14. Ares I-X Movie Poster, 15. Ares I and Ares I-X Rockets, 16. Day 190, 17. Day 209, 18. Day 210, 19. Charlie Creek Bridge, 20. Flickr in Verizon Blackberry Storm Ad, 21. Flickr in Verizon Blackberry Storm Ad, 22. josh’s newly etched laptop, 23. Hacking around with maps., 24. Make: television, 25. Make: television
Created with fd’s Flickr Toys.
“Make: television debuts in 11 days. The online premiere of Make: television is January 3rd 2009, visit makezine.tv or iTunes to see the entire first episode! The broadcast premiere will follow shortly after depending on when your local Public Television station airs it. Episodes will be available: commercial free, on public television, DRM free and in gorgeous HD (High definition format) on our site, iTunes and probably a lot of other places. We have a countdown clock on the right side of the MAKE blog and we’ll have some fun posts leading up to the big day!”
Maker Faire Austin: Oct. 18th and 19th, 2008, Austin, TX
LEARN TO MAKE,
CRAFT, DESIGN OR DEVELOP:
• Robots • Rockets • Bicycles • Alternative Energy Devices • Electronics • Crafts
• Circuit Boards • Sustainable Food • Musical Instruments • Wood Working
• Knitting • Eco Modding Cars • Kites • Special Effects • Sewing • and more…
Maker Faire is a two-day, family-friendly event that celebrates the Do-It-Yourself (DIY) mindset. It’s for creative, resourceful people of all ages and backgrounds who like to tinker and love to make things. So much to see, you will need 2 days to see it all!
Bre Pettis teams up with Hardware Hacker Joe Grand to show you how to integrate LCDs and GPS into your electronics projects. Then they put these two things together on a basic stamp and create a portable GPS tracking system and go geocaching!
Phil Torrone sez:
“This Make: Video Podcast brings you another tutorial featuring hardware hacker Joe Grand. This weekend, dust off that multimeter and learn how to use it! In this video you’ll learn how to check for continuity, measure resistance and measure voltage. These measurements are really handy to have in your bag of tricks if you are messing around with electronics. Make sure to download the accompanying pdf so that you can print it out and have it next to you as you become familiar with these essential multimeter skills.”
1. After the Blizzard, Denver Light Rail, 2. seasons greetings from MAKE, 3. Untitled, 4. DSC_00250004, 5. Untitled, 6. Pipeline Suspension Bridge, Victorville, California, 7. Railfanning, Oro Grande Railroad Bridges, Victorville, California, 8. Fashion Show Footbridge, Las Vegas, 9. Runoffs06 038, 10. Second unit close up, 11. new MAKE store open!, 12. pdf, 13. “Which way are we going?”, 14. Green Rocks, 15. It’s a long way back up., 16. The cache is down there somewhere, 17. http://flickr.com/photos/73738104@N00/308458853/, 18. Chedoke Trail, 19. Quinn checking out the tunnel, 20. Major Nelson in ‘Rainbow Six Vegas’, 21. BNSF 4872, 22. Major Nelson in ‘Rainbow Six Vegas’, 23. Conrail 2576, 24. Dayton Light Rail Station Footbridges, Denver, Colorado, 25. Red Stick-Pin Bridge?
Created with fd’s Flickr Toys.